We are looking for a reliable, customer-oriented, and highly-motivated Service Dispatcher to join our team! The primary focus of this role is to coordinate appointments for technicians to maximize productivity and be the liaison between the company, technicians-installers and our customers. Candidates should have an outgoing and positive demeanor, as well as a track record of working well with others in a team environment. Must have experience in entering customers information in a data base/scheduling software.
Who We Are
Beginning with two employees in 1956, Stuart Services has grown its staff, services, and customer base to become the leading provider of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical services in New Orleans, Northshore, and Hammond. We’re proud to have established ourselves as one of the the region’s leading home service companies.
The Big Task
Getting the right technician to the right job.
• Maintain clear and concise communications with managers, employees and customers.
• Update customer records with complete and accurate information using our business software (ServiceTitan).
• Meet daily revenue and sold-hour goals by prioritizing the most urgent and profitable calls.
• Able to match work requested to technician availability and skill set.
• Monitor the dispatch board to ensure maximum efficient capacity of technicians.
• Provide courtesy calls to customers, notifying them that our technician is either ahead of schedule or not able to arrive within scheduled window of service. A call to the customer to reschedule service may be necessary.
• Debrief technicians after completion of each job and add detailed descriptions of the scope of work into job records.
• Contact customers when job materials are received for scheduling.
• Compare technician time sheets to GPS Reports.
• Maintain broad knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
• Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
• Participate in continuing education and development.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
• Excellent, professional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• IT competent; ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies.
• Able to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathetic, and professional voice and manner.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
• Critical-thinker and problem-solver; utilizing judgment in order to plan and accomplish goals.
• Analytical with an aptitude for managing details.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision or in a team atmosphere with the ability to adapt to multiple and varied responsibilities.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Previous dispatching/customer service experience preferred.
• Experience using ServiceTitan software is a plus but not a requirement.
• Familiarity with the basic concepts of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing helpful.
What We Offer
• Our top performers are among the highest paid in the New Orleans area. You’ll have unlimited earning potential.
• Medical Insurance options for you and your family's insurance premiums for health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
• 401k Plan with a company match up to 3%.
• A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Stuart Services.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about Stuart Services by visiting www.stuartservices.com. When you're ready, please follow the directions at www.stuartservices.com/careers/ to apply for this position.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.